Creating the walls themselves was actually pretty simple! Here are the steps:
1. Gather your materials.
- Hardboard (like this...Lowe's will even cut it for you 👏)
- Baseplates (I used peel and stick baseplates from QT Creative)
- LEGO blocks (you will need some pieces as you assemble the wall)
- Velcro strips (I used 3M Picture Hanging Strips)
2. Trim the baseplates to fit your surface.
3. Sand the corners where you trimmed.
4. Peel backing from baseplate and stick on your surface. The first plate is most important!! Make sure it's straight 😆
5. Follow the directions on the baseplate package to apply the remaining baseplates.
6. Attach LEGO wall to your surface (or use them as portable boards)! 3 of my boards are attached to doors in the library with the 3M Picture Hanging Strips. They are super-easy to remove and display in the library window!
- Make sure to let the Hanging Strips set for an hour before kiddos start using the
I've also created a video talking about the benefits of a LEGO wall, and it includes clips of the LEGO wall creation! Find the LEGO Wall video here or watch below!